[gps-talkusers] Version 3 in the UK

  • From: john goddard <j.w.goddard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GPS <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:30:14 -0500 (EST)

Hail, Mike and all ...

Thanks for your offer of getting me started on the GPS Version 3, Mike.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to bring up your own email address.  I infer
from your making the suggestion, however,  that you do know how to bring up
mine.

What I was objecting to in my previous email wasn't Pulsedata's caution in
quoting me September as when GPS Version 3 would be available from them, but,
rather, that I had been assured that it would be at the end of this month.  I'd
been talking to them for some time, initially having been given some time in
the first quarter of the year as the time for its availability.  I bought
Version 2 on what I understood to be the categoric assurances both that Version
3 would be available this month, and that it would come at no further charge.
I find Pulsedata rather "loose" in its relationship between its use of language
and actuality.  To be "tighter" in my own use of language, I feel I've been
lied to.  Hence, my disquiet about the promise regarding not having to pay
anything more to receive Version 3!

Anyway ..., your offer is gratefully accepted; particularly as I shall be
moving home to a new town next week, and was looking forward to having a GPS
system to assist me realistically in learning my new surroundings.

Whoops!  It's just occurred to me that I should mention that I don't have a
computer; though my sighted wife does ...!

'Bye for now,
John Goddard.