[gps-talkusers] Upgrading GPS without SenderoMaps was Re: Announcing the release of Sendero GPS, 2012

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 06:23:53 -0400

Hi,

For those users that do not have SenderoMaps you would download and install the way you always have.

On 7/2/2012 3:42 AM, Jim Gammon wrote:
Thank you as always Charles for your tremendous energy and continued
enthusiasm in always striving for better products.  I have downloaded
the Apex software and some of the regions.  Since I last got GPS 2011 I
upgraded to u-Verse here and was really amazed at how fast the west
coast region among others, downloaded.  My goodness, it used to take
just CA.  seems like well over an hour even with regular DSL.  I haven't
yet installed anything and don't have the PC program.  I assume that I
can install the Apex software and license key just as before then put
what ever region or states in a maps folder on an SD card. Thanks again
and best regards, Jim

Roseville, California, July 1, 2012

This Sendero GPS 2012 release for the BrailleNote and Sense products is
Sendero's sixteenth version since the laptop GPS version was first released
in 2000.  It has been 19 years since the founders of Sendero began
working on
the first GPS prototypes.  This release includes software improvements for
Sendero Maps for the PC as well as for the BrailleNote and Sense GPS
versions as well as updated maps for these products and for Mobile Geo.

Our goal at Sendero is to provide a navigational product that levels the
playing field when it comes to getting around independently. Notable
features include the ability to:

*    Virtually explore the maps even before you head out the door
*    Personalize your world by recording your own Points of Interest
*    Share Points of Interest with other users, much like the popular
mainstream applications such as Google Maps and Freebase
*    Use the enhanced features of Sendero Maps for the PC to sync all
your data between the PC and your portable device.

Thanks to continued funding from NIDRR
<http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/osers/nidrr/index.html> , we have
been able to refine and develop Sendero GPS and maps products so that they
provide a wide range of features available on multiple platforms.
Seewww.wayfinding.org for more details on our NIDRR funded projects.

Existing Sendero GPS customers can learn all the details about new features
by going to:http://senderogroup.com/products/GPS/v2012changes.htm

Sense Navigation customers can go to:

http://senderogroup.com/support/SenseNav/Sense%20Navigation%20Cha
nges.htm

For those of you who already have a current SMA on your product, your
upgrade is eagerly awaiting you at http://www.GoSendero.com
<http://www.gosendero.com/> .

For those who would like to try v2012 before you buy, download the Trial
Version <http://senderogroup.com/products/GPS/testdrive.asp>  for your
BrailleNote.  You will have access to all countries we currently support
for
the 30 days, after which you can purchase a full version, opt for the
Pay-As-You-Go payment plan, or uninstall the 30 day trial version and
re-install your old version of Sendero GPS.  To purchase, call Sendero toll
free, 1-888-757-6810

Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sendero web: http://www.senderogroup.com

General GPS Web: http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Sendero Address: 1857 Glenmark Way, Roseville, CA 95747

Sendero Group Distributors and developers of Sendero GPS for 7 platforms, BrailleNote, BrailleSense, Pac Mate, Windows PC, iPhone, Android and Mobile Geo for Windows phones. Also, distributing Trekker Breeze, Victor Stream, Mobile Speak, Miniguide and ID Mate.

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.