[gps-talkusers] Typo or by design?

  • From: "Carlos and Derek" <cetaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:32:39 -0500

I noticed that in the POI category list, we have the option of limiting =
our
POI search to "citie" spelled c I t I e.  Is this supposed to be cities =
or
city?  I didn't think that a limitation in the number of characters =
would be
the reason for this spelling since restaurant is longer than cities.

Also, I found a street that is incorrectly labeled in the map software.  =
At
lat 40 degrees 12 minutes 17.412 seconds and long 85 degrees 24 minutes =
and
34.446 seconds is an intersection where Mckinley running north and south
crosses a street where it is called Neely east of Mckinley and Petty =
west of
Mckinley.  Well, instead of it being called Petty, it is being called =
St.
Joseph.  If you vertually turn onto this street, it is then called =
Petty,
but at the intersection it is being called St. Joseph but it is really
Petty.

Carlos and Seeing Eye Dog Derek