[gps-talkusers] The mysterious = sign appears!

  • From: Charles La Pierre <lapierre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:55:24 -0700

At 10:15 AM 6/30/2004, you wrote:
>i've double checked every setting in my email program and the messages are=
>  leaving me without any equals signs in them.

I did some checking since I have seen this happen before and sure enough
this is a problem on the freelist mailing list.  We are looking into if we
can fix the problem with just a configuration change of the list, or maybe
a setting some users can set in their mail program.

The problem is either a MIME encoding issue of some email messages or a
printed quotable option which needs to be turned off .  The messages are
not getting translated correctly when either the email program or the
freelist itself tries to word wrap and inserts soft returns which are not
getting converted correctly to ANSI or there is a "printed quotable" issue
which we may be able to change.

Stay tuned we are looking into this issue and will try to figure something out.

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC

Lat. 37 15' 25" N  Lon: 121 53' 04" W