[gps-talkusers] Re: TOTAL INADEQUACY OF UK MAPS

  • From: "Richard Bartholomew" <richard_bartholomew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:52:37 +0100

Whilst agreeing that the UK maps do not seem as good as those in the US, one of the problems in identifying issues is their randomness, ie if the areas you concentrate on in testing don't exhibit the undesirable attributes, you won't find them and, of course, it is impossible to cover every area! For example, the 'hiding' of towns and villages as you describe has much improved in Scotland compared to previous releases.

The quality of the POI database is a totally different matter, though and I certainly long for the day that a better provider can be found!

Regards

Richard Bartholomew