[gps-talkusers] Re: THe earthmate:

  • From: "Les Kriegler" <lkriegl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 00:01:18 -0400

Hi Don,

I'm late on this thread for reasons you know.  My experience with the
EarthMate on signal acquisition is good when I'm walking.  On buses
where I use it daily, it seems to take longer than the Sportrak does to
acquire a signal.  Mike told me that it is more sensitive, and I suspect
this is a factor.  Besides this fact, if there is tint in the window of
the bus, this can adversely affect things.  After Mike told me this, I
inquired the driver on this matter.  He stated that there was some tint,
not much, some buses have more tint where I currently reside.  So who
really knows?  I do like the fact that the receiver is small; I leave
everything connected and just turn the receiver on when I'm ready to use
it.  The Sportrak is larger, and I was fearful of either stepping on it,
or someone else doing so.
Best Regards,

Les