[gps-talkusers] Strange question

  • From: "Sarah Lanier" <bioinstructor02@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:29:46 -0500

Hi Everybody,
        I just received my GPS on Friday, and am really new.  I haven't
found the tutorials very helpful, but I think that's just because I do
better with Braille and pressure.
        Anyway, I'm learning as I go, but I do have a question that I have
no idea where to look up in the manual.
        Is there a place online or on the software disk where sighted people
can see the maps that the gps is using to get the road locations?  I ask
this because I was discussing the gps with some of my coworkers.  I was
talking about how I didn't know so many places around us existed, and then I
asked about a road.  That road seems to be an unknown road, and one of my
colleagues said that somebody else had asked her about it.  She can't find
it--so I wanted to show her the map, and see if maybe it's just been
renamed.

Thanks,
Sarah