[gps-talkusers] Something strange:

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:34:31 -0700

Hi everyone!
Am still having quite a blast with this gps especially walking around and
having little old ladies insist I don't know where I am and pushing the a.
key and telling mmore of where I am then they were going to tell me.
I particularly love showing off the phone numbers of the many restaurants
around here. This brings up something quite strange.
Almost right across the street is our town's best western hotel with a
restaurant in it.
Ok here is the funny part. these 2 establishments are listed in the poi
listings but when I walk past them no matter how I put the poi's in the gps
does not announce them but it has no problem announsing the restaurant in
the mall next door.
It did this in version 2 and it wasn't very surprising but what should I be
doing to bring this to the attention of the gps?
Any help would be appreciated.
I am not criticizing I am just intrigued.

Mary Ellen Earls
Remember! Today is the Tomorrow you thought about yesterday.