[gps-talkusers] Sendero Summer Highlights

  • From: "Kim Casey" <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 12:35:13 -0700

Greetings from Sendero!

Three highlights we thought you would like to know about.

Sendero is close to releasing a new iPhone GPS version, which will include
User POI recording and expanded destination history list. Mike May can show
this to you if you catch up with him at one of the summer conferences.

Mike May will be helping with the Uber Technology booth at ACB July 4-5 in
Dallas, at NFB Booth B34 July 6 and 7 in Orlando and at the International
Mobility Conference (IMC) Booth 8 July 8 and 9 in Montreal.

Sendero has been engaged by the LightHouse for the Blind and Visually
Impaired in San Francisco to incorporate accessible transit features from
San Francisco Muni into the BrailleNote GPS, Braille Sense GPS and Sendero
Maps for the PC. We are conducting a survey to determine which information
is the most important for independent use of buses and light rail in San
Francisco. If you live in the Bay Area and use public transit, please fill
out our survey by July 15 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VZ9CNBG. We will
enter all those who are regular transit riders and who complete the survey
into a drawing for a copy of Sendero Maps for the PC or Seeing Eye GPS for
the iPhone.

To encourage certified O&M instructors and technology trainers to introduce
Seeing Eye GPS to students or clients, Sendero can provide a limited number
of free app codes. To apply, visit
http://senderogroup.com/about/segpsXT.asp.