[gps-talkusers] Re: SD card vs CF card

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:23:45 -0700

Ok I asked this last December when it was thought I would be driving from Ohio to Arizona (but didn't) but what do you do when you are making a cross country trip say from Arizona to Ohio? At one time, I had all 50 states loaded on an 8 gb flash card and neither my mpower(s) nor the pk ever saw the maps folder and I could never open the files so I took the folder off so I could use that card for my books. But I am curious do you put all the maps in one folder for such a drive or how is this done?

Mary Ellen Earls
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peggy Kern" <kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:23:13 -0700

You know, as long as we're talking about maps and stuff, I just
got an 8-gig
cf card, on which I was thinking of putting the whole U.S.  maps.
(Will they
all fit?)  If they'll all fit, would it work to have the whole
country on my
8-gig card, and if I'm in a different part of the country than
California,
I'd just rename my maps folder to California or something, and
then rename
the folder for whatever state I'd be in to maps, and then rename
everything
when I went back to California.  Would that work?  Or would a big
8-gig cf
card slow things down?

Peggy
http://kernsac.livejournal.com/