[gps-talkusers] Recording Routes:

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:32:26 -0700

Well Ann, I'd simply erase the route which can be done through the file
manager just like a word document.
Have you ever considered using the repeat intersections setting? That is
what I use and ithas put this gps on a different plane since I discovered
this method in January.
The Automatic pedestrian route has been next to useless in my case. I have
never been able to make a route with it. But what you could do and this may
be a bit of work is take a tape recorder and record the route and then re
enter it when you are outside.
This takes some doing but if you have memorized most of it then it shouldn't
be hard.
I do hope they have improved the pedestrian routing function in the next
version because I got into a pickle about a month ago and never could make a
route to my house.
To make an extremely boring story short the way I got home finally after 2
hours was to set my home as a destination and use that in the repeat mode in
the getting warmer method.
I will tell the story some other time because the intersection which tripped
me up is an interesting configuration.

Mary Ellen Earls
Remember! Today is the Tomorrow you thought about yesterday.