[gps-talkusers] RMF POIs

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:35:57 -0700

Hi John,

Glad to hear the new POIs are working out for ya.
You don't have to include the RMF POIs that is up to you, but they do have some unique POIs I found some places in Rural UK where they were the only POIs around, so its up to you, if having duplicates is a really issue with you remove the 400RMF_UK_Ireland.bpi file, if you would rather not miss any data and can live with the duplicates then leave it in. A nice touch too is you can do an advance search and in the search string type "RMF" and then you will find all the RMF pois which you can then judge for yourself if you would rather keep them or not.

These are the POI categories the RMF files cover (this is not an exhaustive list there may be others I just took a sampling from some of the regions in the UK). Also these categories are mapped into our own categories so you may not find all of these poi categories in our category list. (for example SPORTS CENTRE maps to Sport)

AIRLINE ACCESS, AIRPORT, AMUSEMENT PARK, BEACH, CAMPGROUND, CAR DEALER, CAR REPAIR FACILITY, CASH DISPENSER, CINEMA, CITY CENTRE, COLLEGE-UNIVERSITY, COMPANY, CONVENTION CENTRE, EXHIBITION CENTRE, FERRY TERMINAL, FRONTIER CROSSING, GOLF COURSE, GOVERNMENT OFFICE, HOSPITAL OR POLYCLINIC, HOTEL OR MOTEL, IMPORTANT TOURIST ATTRACTION, MOUNTAIN PASS, MOUNTAIN PEAK, MUSEUM, NIGHTLIFE, OPEN PARKING AREA, OPERA, PARK AND RECREATION AREA, PARKING GARAGE, PETROL STATION, PLACE OF WORSHIP, POST OFFICE, PUBLIC TRANSPORT STOP, RAILWAY STATION, RENT-A-CAR PARKING, RENT-A-CAR, REST AREA, RESTAURANT, SHOP, SHOPPING CENTRE, SPORTS CENTRE, STADIUM, TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICE, ZOO.

Charles.

At 06:18 AM 8/17/2007, you wrote:
Hi list
thanks Charles I managed it and what a difference.
it is a grate job. I know in the uk we have maps difficulties but that is no fault of sendero group. if I have the new august rmf files which have some of the same points do I need all these files? as I said you do get some pois twice but, what a real differencd now. I can find local pubs shops and much much more.
thanks so much charles for all the hard work.
from a more than satisfied customer.

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC

Lat. 37 15' 25" N  Lon: 121 53' 04" W