[gps-talkusers] Re: RMF

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:36:28 -0400

Some POIs are embedded into the maps themselves and we have extracted these
out of the map and added (RMF) to the name so you know these are RMF pois
(ie. pois that were in the map data itself, which is separate from the
commercial POI data from InfoUSA).  Some of the data is duplicated and some
of it is unique.  We just extract it all from the map and let you decide if
you want the extra data or not.  If you don't want these POIs you can always
just delete or move the RMF pois from your maps folder.

For example in Canada and the USA, these extra RMF POIs are named:

2010_poi_canada_rmf.pdb
2010_poi_canada_rmf.rmf
And
2010_poi_USA_rmf.pdb
2010_poi_USA_rmf.rmf

Other countries will have similar files with their country's name in the
file names.  Just remove these files from your maps folder and you will not
receive these POIs.

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:28:47 -0300
"Jim Noseworthy" <jim.noseworthy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> In the BrailleNoteGPs, what does the letters RMF stand for?
>
> Thanks much gang.

> database 5285 (20100716) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Sendero Group
Distributors and developers of Sendero GPS for 5 platforms,
BrailleNote, BrailleSense, Pac Mate, Windows PC and Mobile Geo for
Windows phones. Also, distributing Trekker Breeze, Victor Stream,
KNFB Reader Mobile, Talks, Mobile Speak, Miniguide and ID Mate.