[gps-talkusers] Question about BN GPS

  • From: "Lisa Kozlik" <lisak70@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:22:18 -0500

Mike,

With GPS version 2, I've encountered problems with the BrailleNote
locating my home address.

For example, if I'm standing in front of 123 Smith Street, the BN will
tell me that I'm at 121 Smith Street or 125 Smith Street. Sometimes it will
even give me an address that is located on the opposite side of the street.

When I try to type in my destination as 123 Smith Street, the BN tells me
that there is no such address.

I live in a residential neighborhood with large areas of open land, so there
are no tall buildings to obstruct the signal.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this considered normal behavior for
GPS? If so, can this be corrected in version 3?

Thanks!
Lisa