[gps-talkusers] OT: HtTC S730

  • From: "alice dampman" <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 12:00:50 -0400

Hi, all,
    Does anyone have any user's guide or getting started or instruction manual
for the HTC S730 phone that you could either e-mail me or send me a link to
where I could find such a beast on line somewhere?
    I'm chuckling about how "tactile" everyone says this phone is...I have an
ancient LG phone that has *giant* buttons compared to those little tiny things
on the 730! I'm not used to the buttons being so small and so close together,
and I'm having a lot of trouble hitting the right button and not hitting two at
once! And having the little tit that usually marks the 5 button located between
the 5 and the 8 instead is also strange! When I try to do those commands where
you have to press "home" and then some other key, the "home" key as a modifier
turns itself off before I can find the other key! Is there a way to lengthen
that time interval between when you press the home key as a modifier and it
turns itself off?
    I know all this will get better as I get used to the phone, but it rather
amused me, because I was expecting something really easy, like the dinosaur
phone I was used to!
    But to keep this gps related, the icy blue is paired and detected, mobile
geo is on the phone, and one map is loaded!
Happy travels!
Alice
alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx