[gps-talkusers] Re: No categories for poi data in sendero maps on the pc

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:57:19 -0400

Hi,

We combined the POI files for each region, so for example the west coast
POIs are

2010_poi_maps1westcoast_core.pdb
2010_poi_maps1westcoast_bonus.pdb
2010_POI_maps1westcoast_core.rmf
2010_POI_maps1westcoast_bonus.rmf

If you are using the region there is no need to copy the states
individual files in as the POIs are included in the zip file for the
region.

The extra POI files just get unzipped into your maps folder.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 08:35:35 -0700
Mary Otten <motten53@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> Thank you for the tip on the proper names of the Oregon-related poi files.
> How do the other files, such as the one with lakes and trails on them get to
> load? I put those into my maps directory as well. Should they load along with
> the Oregon files? and what about the files that are 2010 west coast core poi
> files? they came down with the bit west coast map zip folder that, when
> unzipped, gives the various state maps, california, oregon etc. Did that make
> sense?
>
> Mary
>
> Mary Otten
> motten53@xxxxxxxxx
>

> To change your email settings (unsubscribe, digest only, or vacation mode):
> http://senderogroup.com/social_media/email.htm
>
> Additionally, to unsubscribe send an email to
> gps-talkusers-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" in the Subject.

Sendero Group
Distributors and developers of Sendero GPS for 5 platforms,
BrailleNote, BrailleSense, Pac Mate, Windows PC and Mobile Geo for
Windows phones. Also, distributing Trekker Breeze, Victor Stream,
KNFB Reader Mobile, Talks, Mobile Speak, Miniguide and ID Mate.