[gps-talkusers] Re: New feature of the day October 14

  • From: Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:50:45 -0700

Wow! Sendero Group continues  to make an excellent accessible GPS solution
even better with each version put out. I think that these few features
relating to POIs will be extremely useful. I will be able to rename many
businesses, which have had their names changed or even change the address
number or street name it sounds like or even delete those POIs that have
gone out completely and haven't been replaced by anything. And, I see the
powerful but yet  flexible Advance POI Search work in so many different
ways, some of which are to search for all Barbecue type Restaurants along a
particular street or city and even list all of the available stores along a
particular street. I think that the User Defineable POI Search will be great
as I am constantley on BART and currently have to do an Advance POI Search,
ENTER twice past the start and end distance, select Bus/Rail as the category
and BART as the subcategory and ENTER for the string and in this time, I
have to hope that we didn't past the station that I was trying to check.
Now, it sounds like I could configure the system to search in a specific
category and subcategory. So, it will be a one-time configuration and one
keystroke as oppose to eight. This is great! Keep up the great work Sendero
Group and hopefully this will be out soon.

Thanks,

Kevin