[gps-talkusers] Re: Need help in setting up my GPS

  • From: John Farina <john.farina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:10:55 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hi Jay,

Not sure if there is anything specific you need to do with the voice note,
unless the software is not installed for the gps.

Initializing generally means getting the earthmate to know where you are, that
is, letting it pick up satelites and ensuring it says you are in your city or
state.  Your receiver documentation should tell you how to this.  When I had my
previous receiver and older braille note the initialization process required
sited assistance.

Hope that helps.

John Farina