[gps-talkusers] Re: More on my odd situation:

  • From: "Steve" <drum67-72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:49:54 -0400

This is what is frustrating with TeleAtlas, which doesn't seem to be as
prevalent with NavTech.  I think NavTech is what Trekker uses.  It seems to be
lot more compliant in terms of specific city entered.

Too bad TeleAtlas doesn't seem to have much of a priority on updating their
data.  In Michigan, I've seen it state townships that many a seasoned traveler
has never heard of.  Since their data is so weirdly specific and picky as to
exact city, I wonder if there could be an option to just enter a zip code with
the desired street address.  Maybe this could be a "buy a feature".  It would
certainly improve these address lookup anomalies.

Steve
Lansing, Mi
Edgemont Park according to Teleatlas 48917
(grin)