[gps-talkusers] Re: Missing city database

  • From: "Paul Bolduc" <pcbolduc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:30:11 -0400

Hello Chris,

I'm having trouble with the city search also.

I position myself to be in the city of Montreal then since the small town is
outside of the city I do a city search and the nearest town that comes up,
is 49 miles away.  I've downloaded again the city poi file and get the same
result.  I had been getting a list of the nearby cities, but not now.

Paul

From: "Peggy Kern" <kernsac@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "GPS" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:58:03 -0700
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Missing city database

> Hi, all.  I tried to look up an address with the new 2012 Sendero GPS, and
got the message saying something to the effect that --- well, let me get the
exact wording. "No city database found for map selected, please check
installation.: Then it aborts the address lookup by city. I installed the
map files from the Sendero maps, and I remembered to switch to directory
mode before copying over from my card to the Apex (and I had synchronized
between the maps and the card). So how do I fix this?