[gps-talkusers] Map questions

  • From: "Dave" <dwgordon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:59:14 -0700

Hi,

A week or so ago there was a link that we could report map discrepancies to but
I'm not certain what differences should be reported.  For example, I noticed
that the maps do not tend to discriminate between cities and townships, so when
we were driving along a highway and I pressed c it might report a city name
instead of a township.  Is this because we were on a highway and not
necessarily in the specific city or township?

Also, On this trip, we were in Michigan, south of Grand Rapids.  All of the
area codes changed from 616 to 269 about five years ago so at the very least
all of the area codes were incorrect for lower Michigan below Grand Rapids.
This appeared to be true in Detroit as well where several area codes have been
added in addition to 313 several years ago.

Is it likely that the area codes will be corrected with the new POI database?

Dave

To read about the next Peace Seekers meeting click on the link below.

www.ThePeaceSeekers.org/program