[gps-talkusers] Re: I'm having a very odd situation:

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:57:36 -0700

Hi Mary
The issue not whether or not the street does exist, the question you need to ask yourself is what CITY does the system say you are in when you are either virtually at his house or at his house with the GPS receiver connected. Then when you do an address lookup use that city and that should solve your problem. TeleAtlas seems to have some weird problems when it comes to where they draw the city boundaries for some cities. If you find an issue where the street should be in a different city then I would suggest reporting it to TeleAtlas.

Thanks
Charles.

At 07:48 PM 8/29/2007, you wrote:
Hi folks! I just have had a very odd situation.
My Brother lives at a house on astreet called Stanley Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45230. Ok Now I did an address look up and the gps said no street available and so I knew that in order to get to this street he had to go up a street called Beechmont avenue.
Ok so I found Beechmont Avenue with 2 choices and I entered on the 45230.
Ok so I traveled virtually up beechmont and bingo on the left was Stanley Road. So I turned in to Stanley Road and all the little streets which my Brother told me about were there and his house is at the very end of the road. So when I got at the dead end, I recorded a poi as his address. Ok Here is where things get weird. I went back again did an address lookup and I got the message No street found for Stanley Road. Is this a Tellyatlas thing or a Sendero thing? I was telling Dan that his street was nowhere to be found and his response was "Well we really do live there." But I can do this again and get the Lat Lon if this is what is needed but why wouldn't this show up on the streets if the street does come up in a manual search?
Thanks for reading.
Mary Ellen Earls

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC