[gps-talkusers] Re: I'm amazed!

  • From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:24:26 -0700

Peggy,

I am sure that many will benefit from this message, so I figure that instead
of sending it privately that I send it to the list. This is probably the
most critical thing to understand in getting up and running with GPS.

I will outline what the various messages mean:

no fix, acquiring satellites
-At the moment your reciever hasn't picked up any satellites, get in a clear
open area and wait about  30 seconds.

Receiver not detected press backspace with r to reconnect or v for virtual.
-Here is where you would want to use the reconnect command. Another
situation where you might want to use the reconnect command is if you are
exploring in virtual mode then decide to switch to GPS mode, you can then
switch on the reciever, hit the backspace b command and you are now up and
running.

If upon entry you receive the message about turn on bluetooth receiver.
-Here you could turn on your receiver and press C to connect to your
receiver. If it still doesn't connect, make sure bluetooth is on within
KeySoft.

If upon entry, you get the message about make sure your receiver is active.
-Make sure that the reciever is paired and active within the KeySoft
bluetooth connectivity menu. Then you cna go back into the program and press
the backspace b command.

Sorry if this is a lot to absorb, but this is just one of the quirks of
bluetooth as it isn't the most stable thing on the BrailleNote.

Kevin