[gps-talkusers] Re: How to Patch?

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:42:25 -0400

Hi all,
here is how you can check the date on the files to see if they have
been patched.
I'll be giving both keystrokes for both keyboards.
the following assumes you know how to use the KeySoft menus.
1. go to the main menu.
2. navigate to "file manager."
3.  navigate to directory.
4. Navigate to flash disk and press enter.
5.  at the folder name prompt press SPACE with T or CONTROL with T.
6.  press space to move to the windows folder and press enter.
7.  The braillenote responds "Directory name windows".
8.  press the spacebar, do not press enter at this point.
9.  BrailleNote responds  "Subdirectories of flash disk/windows."
Press Space to move to "system" and press enter.
10.  Braillenote Responds "directory name windows/system.  Press
enter.
11.  Braillenote responds list of files in Flash disk/windows\system.
12.  Press space with X or Read with X until you see list of all
including hidden files in flash disk/windows/system.
13.  press the spacebar until you see gps.pll and then press READ with
I or SPACE with I to get the file information.
this gives you the actual date of your gps.pll file.
to return to folder mode do the following:
1.  press space with E or ESCAPE until you see Directory name: system.
2.  press the left arrow or space with dots 2-3 until you see
directory name /.
3.  Press Space with T or Control with T to return to folder mode.
the prompt will say folder name none.
You will be at the route of your flash disk and can space through the
folders and access your general folder or whatever folder you would
like.
Hope this helps.
Chris