[gps-talkusers] Re: How do you load maps for more than one state?

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 05:59:50 -0700

Mary Ellen,

All you have to do is to put the files for the given state in the maps
folder. You don't have to load anything. The program automatically uses the
maps that are in the specified folder. Put Ohio and Kentucky files in the
maps folder and you are in business. If your folder has a different name,
remember to go to the GPS Options list and choose maps to change the
directory being used.

Also, make sure the individual files for a state are in the maps folder.
Don't put the state folder itself under maps or the software won't see any
files, just a folder name.

>Ok guys, here is myzinger question of the day. How do you load maps for more
>than one state? My example, I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and the airport I am
>leaving from next Tuesday is outside of Florence, Kentucky. How do I load
>the maps to create a route from my house to Cincinnati North airport?
>I tried using the slash between both states to no avail then Idid it again
>witha backslash between the 2 states and still no go. Do I have to create a
>folder on the flash drive or how is this done?
>I keep hearing you can put up to 12 mapsin a folder but how do you set this
>up?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Mary Ellen Earls
>Remember! Today is the Tomorrow you thought about yesterday.

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Now distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(530) 757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West