[gps-talkusers] Re: How could I make GPS true center?

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:27:33 -0700

Hi Leslie,
Unfortunately you can not change the center, your maps in your area could be off, but then again maybe not, it could be GPS error to, or a combination of the two. The problem is if you start adding your own POIs and then put this offset in, then all of a sudden your POIs which you use to be able to get to directly would now be off by this new imposed offset, so this is why we don't allow you to adjust your Lat/Lon readings from the GPS receiver. If we did then users could start messing with it "Thinking" they are making things better when in fact they have just made them worse, especially when you do travel and you are at locations which are perfectly accurate and you forgot that you have this offset on and it would mess up your readings. Even POIs recorded are from third parties so any POI we announce would be affected by this offset Lat/Lon reading and we would have one heck of a time figuring out if its POI error, GPS error, Map Error, or Offset Error.

Sorry.

Charles

At 03:11 PM 8/8/2007, you wrote:
You did not answer my question. So I will ask again.

How could I adjust or make the GPS to true center?  I think it is about 43
feet off the center.

Leslie--

Mr. Leslie Peterson
The deaf-blind man

Letter content was scanned by WinAntiVirus Pro 2007.
No threat detected.
Please visit www.winantivirus.com for more details.

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC