[gps-talkusers] Having Trouble Making Routes

  • From: "Rich Irwin" <rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Gps-Talkusers" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:26:06 -0700

Hi Ann:
Is your oval route such that the streets coming off on each side of the oval
named the same?  If so, this may be what is confusing the way point
recording.  What I have found works well for me is to look at the route as
if it goes only from one end to the other.  In my case, the route may not be
considered exactly oval, as it goes up one side of the street and then back
down the other side.  I set the route up such that the destination is at the
far end and let it define each intersection along the way as a way point.
When I have completed the trip to the far end I then save the route.  Then,
reversing the route, I return back down the street on the opposite side and
it picks up the way points in reverse order and my final destination is
where I first started.
HTH
Rich Irwin
rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx