[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS when flying?

  • From: "Jim Gammon" <jgammon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 21:49:46 -0700

Well, that's what I did. People use laptops on planes all the time and they have bluetooth stuff on them, GPS or other stuff.

----- Original Message ----- From: "rita weyler" <ritaweyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joleen <cjferg@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 19:18:21 -0700
Subject: [gps-talkusers] GPS when flying?

Hi All,

It seems to me that, without fail, every time I have flown they
have said that we could use computers but not any devices that
transmit or receive data.

I feel sure that Sendero would not publicly condone something
that is prohibited.  Therefore, I ask, under what circumstances
is it "legal" to use a GPS when flying?I would love to try using
mine, but only with appropriate permission.

Thanks,

Joleen