[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS on a cruise

  • From: "Jim Gammon" <jgammon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 23:12:12 -0700

This past July, I used GPS 3.5 on the way too and back from Hawaii on the plane. It was prettty neat getting your heading, speed, altitude, and distance traveled and distance to your destination. at around the half way point coming back, I did a search for all poi's and went out some 1500 miles hoping to find a buoy or something. Didn't find a thing. Man, I really did feel in the middle of nowhere at that point at 40000 feet. At that point, I shut it off and went back to reading a book. Am really enjoying this stuff. I recently bought the Oxford English Dictonary. I copied it to a two gig CF card along with GPS 4.0 and a maps folder for spare maps I can move in to and out of the maps folder when needed. I would have used an SD card but am worried it might fall out of the Mpower as my impression is that those cards do not fit as securely as CF cards. Even though the SD cards push in with a click, you think they are locked in place because of tthat. Not, you can just grab the edge and pull it right out, much easier than the Compact Flashcard. Jim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael May" <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>