[gps-talkusers] GPS interference

  • From: "Michael Beukenkamp" <mbeuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:14:39 -0500

Hi, this is just an item of interest regarding the topic of poor reception.
Amarillo, Texas is known for their West Texas thunderstorms and tornados,
because of this the National Weather Service has large Doppler Radars near
town.  When ever I go close to the radars I always lose my GPS fix.  Another
note, we had softball sized hail and at least fifteen tornados on Monday Night.
 Damage estimates are near one hundred million dollars.  I was very lucky where
I live by about a tenth of a mile.  I did see a four inch hail stone in my
backyard.
Michael

Michael B. Beukenkamp
Together We See
Professional Public Speaking
Motivational, Inspirational, Educational
[806] 584-8568
mbeuk@xxxxxxx