[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS and new BN version

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 22:06:04 -0700

Peggy,

If we were developing for a brand new product from the ground up, there
would be a lot of unknown factors. In the case of the BrailleNote, the
Windows CE version is upgraded and Keysoft is upgraded. Although this means
different drivers must be used, it is not rocket science so to speak to get
the GPS working. After all, GPS units already work with many PDAs using
Windows CE version 4. We aren't the first to figure this out.

At the same time, every time you make even a small change, there are always
ramifications and lots of testing is involved to make sure something isn't
overlooked. We are plenty used to this process and we have a stellar test
team of 21 people who find the little nuances.