[gps-talkusers] GPS Installation Problem

  • From: "Ann K. Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:06:03 -0400

Hi Les,

<smiling broadly> Carl will remember this too.  I had the exact same
problem.  I was quite upset, needless to say.  But I called Sendero,
and got excellent help.  The only response I can give you besides
giving you the answer is that like me, you shudda RTFM.

You need to do a 123 reset before attempting this install.  That will
fix your problems.  What the manual probably explains, is that when
you do the reset, all applications and anything that was in memory are
dumped.  You have a clean slate with which to install your application.

I'm just like you, I hate manuals, but in this case it would have been
a good idea.  Try the 123 reset, then the applications options in
utilities etc.  It should work flawlessly from there.

Ann P.
Les Kriegler writes:
 > I received via e-mail the 3.1 upgrade yesterday.  I copied the exe file to a
 > flash card and attempted to install.  I went to BN's Application Menu. Chose
 > Run Program and selected the appropriate file.  When asked for a command
 > line, I pressed enter.  The Welcome Screen appeared, I heard a few beeps,
 > and then heard the following error message.
 >
 > Gpstalkobjs.pll.  The process cannot access the file because mjit is being
 > used by another process.  Could not install gpstalkobjs.pll.  The process
 > cannot access the file because mjit is being used by another process.  Yes,
 > the message appears twice in succession.  Assistance appreciated.
 > Best Regards,
 >
 > Les
 >
 > --
 >

 > --

                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp@xxxxxxxxx
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT