[gps-talkusers] Re: [Fwd: GW Sense Navigation is released]

  • From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <raul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 18:28:23 -0500

Hello Kevin. Thank you for this. While it was not mentioned in the release, it is no secret that we use the Sendero SDK for the GPS functionality on the Voice Sense.

Many thanks.

Kevin Chao wrote:
Scott and all,
I would like to just to add this bit of information as there wasn't mention of
it in the press release. The Sense Nav is  built from
using the Sendero GPS SDK, with some modifications and tweaking to make it work
with the VoiceSense environment. The maps and
receivers are very much identical. I would also imagine that it wouldn't
require much work switching between the Sense Nav and the
Sendero GPS as for the most part they would be the same with differences here and there. This gets more and more interesting as we now have: Sendero GPS on the BrailleNote/VoiceNote Sense Nav on the VoiceSense Street Talk on the PacMate Trekker on the PDA by HumanWare WayFinder Access on the Symbian based phones The options become more and more open. Kevin
--
Raul A. Gallegos .. GW Micro Technical Support
Voice: 260-489-3671 .. Fax: 260-489-2608