[gps-talkusers] Flying with GPS

  • From: Peggy Kern <kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 23:37:55 -0700

Hi all, from hot and humid Portland, OR.  I did get to sit by a window and
tried GPS on the plane.  It took about 25 minutes to get a fix, but once I did,
it was really cool to check the speed and direction.  My fix was usually poor,
so I could only check altitude a few times, and I kept having to hit c to see
what cities we were over; I thought they, being part of the poi system, would
trigger automatically, but they didn't.  Is there a way to get them to do so?
Anyway, it was totally amazing to be able to know so much about my environment
through my little BrailleNote.  And I've been having fun as we've ridden around
the city, seeing all the new POIS.  What a cool product!

Peggy