[gps-talkusers] Re: Exception??

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:24:31 -0700

Hi Leslie

Sounds like you have a corrupt file on your CF card although I am surprised you got an exception command. That is very interesting. I would recommend going in and copying out your user.poi file so that is safe then delete the entire Maps folder and recreate it. Not sure what happened there.

You could try renaming the maps directory on your CF card to maps_corrupt and try running the program again and see if you are allowed in, but do a C1 C4 reset before trying that to clear out any memory issues that may have resulted from the exception command.

Then copy each map into the new maps folder and go into the program each time you finish copying a complete map (i.e. all files rmf, cty, str, tmb, bpi), so if it happens again you will know which map or commercial POI file is causing the problem, and then if you find a map or POI is corrupt then try re downloading it again from the mySendero web-site.

Let us know how it turns out. If you are unable to get it working I would then suggest calling Sendero Tech support and we will get you hooked up.

Good luck!
Charles.

At 05:00 PM 8/23/2007, you wrote:
After I deleted a few states from the MAPS.  I copy and paste Georgia to the
MAPS.  Press 123+c3+c4. then I pressed c3+c4. I selected Navigator but the
Braille display says "exception: command; 399 at 2.access violation reading
26843545642"

What will I do?

Leslie--

Mr. Leslie Peterson
The deaf-blind man

Letter content was scanned by WinAntiVirus Pro 2007.
No threat detected.
Please visit www.winantivirus.com for more details.

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC