[gps-talkusers] Re: Clock and gps time update problems:

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:47:31 +0900

Hello, Mary Ellen,
Try setting the time zone, not the time. I think the time zone for Arizona standard time is minus 7. In fact, that was a pretty good guess because I just looked at the header of your message and there it was, bold as brass: minus 7. On my GPS, I can set the time either way, but setting it by time zone is simpler. Also, in some systems, you can tell the system to ignore Daylight Saving Time.

Dick Myers

From: "meearls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
To: "Braillenote List" <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Clock and gps time update problems:
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:29:00 -0700

Hi folks!
I am deliberately sending this message to two lists to cover who might be involved.
I have just gotten the blue logger and a pk and for most of the world the problem I am about to describe is nonexistant because most states and countries go on daylight saving time.
But, for those of us who live in Arizona who does not go on daylight savings time there is a problem when you update the gps system time using the space U.
It and I am not sure if it is the clock or the satellites, assumes you are on daylight savings time. So when I updated theclock via the satellites at 5:45 this morning, the time read 6:45 A. M.
So just wanted to make the powers that be aware of this anomaly. If there is a way to make the answer no on whether we are on daylight saving time stick that I don't know about, please let me know.
Thanks for your time.

Mary Ellen Earls
Remember! Today is the Tomorrow you thought about yesterday.

(8):[(8)