[gps-talkusers] Re: Can't find address in address lookup

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:24:26 -0700

Hello James
Instead of using the city ELK GROVE
try using ELK GROVE, SACRAMENTO
I was able to find Elk grove Florin road if you use that city.
Charles.

At 05:30 PM 8/10/2007, you wrote:
Hi all,
After calling directory assistance, I got a address for a club that I am to
play music at this evening. The club is in Elk Grove California. The address
is 9661 Elk grove/Florin road. When I type this address in to the GPS, I get
there are no streets. I type in Elk grove, and it takes me over a mile past
where I'm suppose to be on Elk grove/florin.
Directory assistance says there is a hyphen in-between the 2 words Elk Grove
and florin.
Is there a better way of keying in the right info for the GPS to get me
where I'm going?
I did use a dash between the 2 words as well.
                                        James

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC

Lat. 37 15' 25" N  Lon: 121 53' 04" W