[gps-talkusers] Re: BrailleNote GPS vs Voice Sense GPS

  • From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <raul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:45:13 -0500

I did another test with a different start and destination. This one took a lot shorter to create even though the distance is further than Sendero and Lighthouse.

Starting point: GW Micro
725 Airport North Office park
Fort Wayne, IN 46825

Destination: Indiana School for the Blind
7725 North College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46240

The creation of this route took 58 seconds which was 29 beeps on the Voice Sense. The distance is 100.76 miles SW.

Raul A. Gallegos said the following on 12/14/2007 9:37 AM:
Hi. After getting a stop wtch out, I found out that each beep happens every two seconds. So, anyway, the route was created in 1 minute and 57 seconds. Yesterday when I said it took around 59 beeps, if you multiply 59 by 2, you get 118 which would be 118 seconds. That is consistent with the timer. So, if the PK is only taking 1 minute and 18 seconds, that is not bad at all. So, now the questions is, did it take 1 minute and 18 seconds, or was it 118 seconds which is something different all together? ,smile>.

Kevin Chao said the following on 12/13/2007 10:06 PM:
Jim and Charles, very good points regarding the timing of the route creation. We don't need precision of a millionth of billionth of a second here. I created the route on the PK and it came out at 1 minute and 18 seconds. I hit the stop watch created the route then
hit the stop watch off on the PK.
We will see what the VoiceSense gets.
Kevin