[gps-talkusers] A small but possibly important GPS coup.

  • From: Christopher Bartlett <bridgeweaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:30:16 -0800

Friday night, I was navigating for a trip. A couple of friends and I were going to see the Tori Amos show in Oakland. The show was problematic, but the GPS functioned flawlessly, better than the Thomas Guide that we had for backup. In particular after the show, we were figuring how to get from the Paramount Theater to I-580 in the most efficient way. I was able to do an address lookup without specifying an address number or a cross street. For those who don't know, if you don't put in an address, GPS will offer you the option of choosing the nearest address. As an experiment, we tried this, and it directed us to an on-ramp that my driver didn't even know existed. Awesome, and a lot faster than calculating a 100-mile route back to Sacramento just to find the appropriate highway ramp to choose. This is a win for the Sendero product.

        Christopher Bartlett