[gps-talkusers] A new cool thing to check out:

  • From: "meearls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:51:22 -0700

Hi guys!
Well it is around 104 here in the Scottsdale area and I just walked about 1.11 miles. Was I hot?No!
Now how was this wonder accomplished. There are wraps with the jell in them which keeps you cool or warm, kind of like the stuff they put in these heating pads.
These ties are very narrow and come in celestial patterns, prints or for those in uniforms solid colors. I ran into them on qvc and ordered them. They come 6 to a pack.
What you do is run them under tap water and what feels like soft pellets suddenly swells into a nice chubby cushioning which is about 6 inches or a little more long. You simply wrap it around your neck or anywhere for that matter and tie it like you would a bandana. The jell keeps you cool and it really does work. I went out onto the walking path with my hat and the blue logger and we took a different way and I barely drew a sweat.
These aren't expensive and I don't remember what I paid for them.The item at qvc is F8091
I paid about 28 for the set of them.
Anyway check em out because they will at least give you some releaf. I can't wait to bring one of these back to Cincinnati to see what it does in Ohio's humidity.

Mary Ellen Earls
Remember! Today is the Tomorrow you thought about yesterday.