[gps-talkusers] A Note Taker Recommendation

  • From: Keith Bucher <kbucher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:57:46 +400

Hello,

    Just a short message to say that if anyone is looking for a note
taker or PDA, I'd recommend the Voice Sense.  I'm not yet an expert,
having mine for only two days, but I do like several things about it.
If you decide to purchase one, you might want to get it this year before
the price increase.  Here's some of the things I like about the Voice
Sense:

    1.  It has a user replaceable battery.

    2.  You can also purchase the Sendero GPS for it, called GW Sense
Navigation.

    3.  It is very small and compact, but yet the keys aren't as cramped
as you might think for its small size.

    4.  Unlike the Voicenote, you don't have to purchase a particular
type of card of a particular size to upgrade the firmware.

    5.  It has a 1GB flash disk, as well as Wireless: WLAN b/g, and
Bluetooth.  A dial-up modem is also available.

    I could list other things, but I'd say one of the most important
reasons to consider the Voice Sense is technical support. GW Micro has
excellent technical support for the Voice Sense.  Two examples. When I
firxt opened the box I had a question about the switch on the AC
Adapter.  I called GW Micro, and Raul immediately answered my question.
No getting put on hold.  No, "Someone will have to return your call
later."

    Yesterday I had a question as to how to return everything to the
default settings.  This time I sent a message to Raul, and in a
short time, I got the answer I needed.

    I'm sure as I continue to use my Voice Sense, there will
probably be things I don't like about it, but eventually I plan to
purchase the Sendero GPS, and I had but two choices, the
Voicenote or the Voice Sense.

    For more information, go to:
http://www.gwmicro.com/voicesense

Keith