[gpodder-devel] using gPodder as an RSS Reader

  • From: koeglstefan at gmail.com (Stefan Kögl)
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:11:27 +0300

Am 2011-04-26 13:32, schrieb Stefan Derkits:
> Your Project is a good Proof of Concept, but if you really want to
> pursue this, I think you should go further and also adapt the
> gpodder.net Webservice for the Use of RSS Feeds instead of Podcasts, so
> that Podcasts & "normal" RSS Feeds are not mixed at gpodder.net.

I think getting this upstream into gPodder should be the first step
here, before tackling gpodder.net related issues.

If we would pursue this, the main problem will probably be about scaling
- gpodder.net currently handles ~50.000 podcasts, but as everything on
the web generates RSS feeds, we might end up with one or two orders of
magnitude more feeds (containing even more entries including lots of
text, etc).

So I think we should evaluate what this means for our architecture and
infrastructure before doing any serious work.

-- Stefan