[gpodder-devel] structuring podcasts on iPod

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:58:53 +0200

Hello, Mark!

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 10:16 -0500, Mark Alford wrote:
> Right now, when I sync my iPod with gpodder, all the podcasts
> get dumped into the iPod's "Podcasts" playlist, where they form a
> long list that is hard to navigate (because their titles are often
> uninformative).

Hmm, it _should_ be not the podcasts "playlist" but a special podcasts
menu item in your music menu that will list the episodes grouped by
podcast, so you have a "virtual folder" per-podcast and the episodes in
there.

Which iPod are you using? Do other people have the same problem?

> Is there any way to sort them into separate folders or playlists,
> for example one folder (or "playlist" or whatever) for each channel?

We had this before, but I removed it with the new sync feature, because
all iPods now have a "Podcasts" feature that groups episodes into
per-channel folders.

> PS: I have started adding content to the user manual---very crude so
> far!

Very nice, thanks :) I've changed some things (there is no "Version" of
the manual at the moment, and the FAQs should be linked to the Wiki FAQs
page). When we have enough content for the manual, I'll try to write
some script (or do it manually if I feel lazy) that takes the manual
page, the FAQs page and maybe some other documents/help files to create
a HTML and TXT manual that can be included in the source distribution.

Keep up the good work :)