[gpodder-devel] searching gpodder.net

  • From: koeglstefan at gmail.com (Stefan Kögl)
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:57:36 +0200

Hi,

Am 2011-03-24 14:24, schrieb Stefan Derkits:
>> I have a question about searching (using
>> ApiRequest::searchOpml("")). Can I somehow limit or filter the
>> results, because now search returns all sorts of stuff including
>> non-audio podcasts and simply just web pages that are not
>> compatible with my podcast app?
>
>> Clearly I can discard unsupported feeds when user tries to add
>> those from the search results, but this is not very user friendly.
>
> That is currently not supported by the gpodder.net API and because
> of that also not available in libmygpo-qt. I don't know if it would
> be possible to implement it in the gpodder.net API, so Stefan (K?gl)
> has to answer this Question ;)

As Stefan already explained, there is no such feature in the gpodder.net
API [1] yet. However implementing it shouldn't be that much of a problem
since we switched from a home-grown search solution to a couchdb-lucene
backend recently.

If you'd need such a feature, please file bugs against gpodder.net
(describing the required filters, etc) and libmygpo-qt [2] (describing
possible integration in the library, depending on the first one).

Thanks,

-- Stefan

[1] http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/Web_Services/API_2#Searching_for_podcasts
[2] https://bugs.gpodder.org/enter_bug.cgi