[gpodder-devel] problem w 3gp

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:48:46 +0100

Hello, Atte!

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 21:08 +0100, Atte Andr? Jensen wrote:
> I'm new to podcasting and gpodder. I subscribed to a few podcasts and
> it seems to work great.
>
> However there's this podcast I'd like to use:
> http://vpodcast.dr.dk/feeds/Den11.time190rss.xml which is 3gp video,
> that's supported on my M600i (and looks fine, I checked).
>
> If I download it it does appear on my podcast folder on my computer,
> but when I synchronize it's never transferred to the M600i. I tried
> with both 0.11.0 and 0.9.4. Am I doing anything wrong or is something
> wrong either in gpodder or the podcast?

That's because we didn't have "3gp" in the list of video extensions,
therefore gPodder would not sync the file to a portable player (because
if, for example, a podcast contains a PDF, and you sync it, the PDF
shouldn't be copied to the player).

I have just added "3gp" to the list of video extensions, so the new
upstream version of gPodder (due out at the end of this week) will
include this fix. If you want, you can try running the SVN (development)
version, this already has the fix included now, for more information see

  http://wiki.gpodder.org/running-from-svn

Thanks,
Thomas