[gpodder-devel] playlists (m3u)

  • From: bwilson at yooser.org (Ben Wilson)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:51:25 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, January 30, 2008 10:41 am, Thomas Perl wrote:
> Now, how do you currently use the M3Us you generate with your patch? Can
> you describe your use case? I'm thinking of adding the M3U functionality
> in some other way (i.e. generating a M3U file per feed that contains the
> title of the episode, so Desktop players can load the M3U file and have
> correct names).

I actually use the m3u files 3 different ways.
Some, like the video podcasts, I just use "mplayer -fs -playlist
/path/to/m3u".
For some of the audio playlists I use mpd to play at the PC.
Other audio playlists sync to my iPod with gtkpod.

> Can you please also open a bug report on our Bugzilla and post your
> patch and use case description there? http://gpodder.thegithouse.com/

Bug 25 has been submitted with some suggestions.

m3u files have their deficiencies though, what I really want is a real
"channel" that new stuff would be added to and old stuff would drop off of
once played. It has to be pausable and resumeable too. Being able to
"tune" the "channel" from other PCs would be nice too. Don't ask for much,
huh? :)

Any ideas would be welcome!

Thanks,
Ben