[gpodder-devel] playlists (m3u)

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:41:14 +0100

Hello, Ben!

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 17:58 -0500, Ben Wilson wrote:
> So I downloaded the svn version and created a patch for m3u podcasts.
> But the ability to edit the playlist channel setting seems to be gone from
> the channel config menu, or am I missing something?

Thanks for your patch. I think you mean something else than what other
requesters of the m3u feature mean. Your patch creates m3u playlists for
playing them on your computer. The initial feature requests were for
generating m3u playlists on an MP3 player IIRC.

Now, how do you currently use the M3Us you generate with your patch? Can
you describe your use case? I'm thinking of adding the M3U functionality
in some other way (i.e. generating a M3U file per feed that contains the
title of the episode, so Desktop players can load the M3U file and have
correct names).

Can you please also open a bug report on our Bugzilla and post your
patch and use case description there? http://gpodder.thegithouse.com/