[gpodder-devel] opml files and Nokia N95 8GB

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 19:22:10 +0200

Hello, Tim!

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 03:24:01PM +0100, Tim Bateson wrote:
> I have just started using Gpodder with my laptop and thinks its great :) I
> have also started to experiment with trying to use it with my Nokia N95 8GB
> S60. It does not seem to pick up as an Mp3 player when I add the mounted
> podcast folder in the edit config section. I have looked through the
> documentation and can not see what else I could do. Any suggestions?

Here's what you have to set to get it working:

 device_type = filesystem
 mp3_player_folder = /path/to/your/device/

(You also have to make sure that your device is in Mass Storage mode)

> It is possible to access this opml file directly from the
> http://gpodder.net/subscriptions/ sites to aviod the download to
> another site? As this would allow me to manage a list of podcasts that
> my N95 can see.

Yes, it should be possible. You might need to authenticate using HTTP
authentication, though. Please ping Stefan if it does not work, and I'm
sure he'll quickly add this feature (we might also open up user-specific
OPML feeds if you decide to publicly share your subscription list, as we
already provide the list as HTML, so OPML is just a different "view" on
that data).