[gpodder] Re: lock up while downloading

  • From: Gary Shears <garys@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Badri Sunderarajan <badrihippo@xxxxxxxxxxx>, gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 08:50:04 +0100

This keeps popping up in the terminal output:

[code]

[gpodder.dbsqlite] ERROR: Cannot save <gpodder.gtkui.model.GEpisode object at 0x7effa1541480>: UNIQUE constraint failed: episode.podcast_id, episode.download_filename
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gpodder/dbsqlite.py", line 220, in _save_object
    cur.execute(sql, values)

[/code]

I don't have time right now to look any closer, but maybe this gives someone a clue.

Cheers,

Gary

On 21.11.18 08:22, Gary Shears wrote:

I'd never noticed before, but yes, it does: "downloading 1 file (100%, 1.18 GiB/s)". Is that aburd enough for you? The funny thing is that the download progress in the window shows 22%, 93.53 KiB/s for the last of five downloads. The other four completed.

Another funny thing is that when I first looked at the titlebar it showed 786 MB/s, then went 1.18GiB, then  2.39 GiB and now shows 2.78GiB. So it's not totally locked up, I just can't see what's happening.

Gary

On 20.11.18 13:23, Badri Sunderarajan wrote:
I think I have this problem too. Does your gPodder show some absurdly high download speed in the titlebar when it crashes?

I think it happens when my Internet connection is bad, but I'm not too sure. Right now, I've set my gPodder to download episodes one at a time, which seems to help. The problem still persists, but less frequently. It would be good to find a solution.

—Badri

On Tue, 13 Nov, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Gary Shears <garys@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Bump. No one has any ideas on this? I've run it from the command line with -v, and it looks like parts of the program keep running, but the download thread(s) die. I've had to switch to Clementine, even though gpodder is better. On 27.10.18 07:48, Gary Shears wrote:

    Hi All, gpodder randomly locks up while downloading new
    episodes. I have to 'force quit' and restart, sometimes several
    times before the downloads succeed. Is there a verbose logging
mode I can use to trace this? Any hints on debugging? Thanks, Gary