[gpodder-devel] libmygpo-qt 1.0 Beta 2 (v0.10) [Call for Testers & Packaging Helpers]

  • From: stefan at derkits.at (Stefan Derkits)
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:30:38 +0100

Dear gPodder & Amarok Community,

we are proud to announce the second Beta of libmygpo-qt.

Changes since last Beta:
- -) Devices now have their own Class and are no longer only Maps in
DeviceList
- -) Authentication is now achieved via adding AuthData to the Request URL
instead of a Slot in RequestHandler (Advantage: ApiRequest can be
deleted safely as it is no longer required after the Request Function
returns an Object)
- -) We no longer provide any QNetworkAccessManager for you, you now have
to create one before creating an ApiRequest Object
- -) Various Code Cleanup & Additions to the Example Application

You can download the Tarball here:
http://stefan.derkits.at/files/libmygpo-qt/libmygpo-qt.0.10.tar.gz
(md5sum: 3178f843b55f5944c95026955cb69637 ; sha1sum:
3a89ee80aeb57f547174ea9d422c7f883ee9e3a4)

The first Application to use our Library will be Amarok, where we will
implement Podcast Synchronisation via gpodder.net.
You can follow our Progress on that here:
https://github.com/ase23/amarok-ase/tree/gpodder

Due to the Fact that we are now Feature Complete we wish for many many
Testers of this Library, to get a stable 1.0 Release.
Also we ask for help with packaging, as we have no Idea yet how to get
our Library into Distributions.

Some Important Links for libmygpo-qt:

Git Repo: https://github.com/ase23/libmygpo-qt
Doxygen Documentation: http://stefan.derkits.at/libmygpo-doc/
Bugreports: http://bugs.gpodder.org
Contact: gpodder-devel at lists.berlios.de

If you didn't read the last Release Messages or are wondering what
gpodder has to do with Amarok, below you again find all the Infos.

Greetings,
Stefan, Christian & Felix

- --- Infos about libmygpo-qt ---

What is libmygpo-qt?

libmygpo-qt is a Qt/C++ Library wrapping the gPodder.net Webservice. We
are working on it as part of a University Course & it will be used in
one of the next Versions of Amarok when we integrate the gPodder
Webservice into Amarok.
Also it will maybe one Day be used to create a gPodder Client for
MeeGo/Symbian ;)

What is gpodder.net?

gpodder.net is a Webservice, that can be used for Podcast Discovery
(Search, Toplists, Tags, ...) and Subscription/Synchronization of
Podcasts & Podcast Status Synchronization.

You can find a Proposal of the gpodder Integration (to which we will
mostly stick) into Amarok here:
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Proposals/GPodderNet